The Lincoln Center for Performing Arts (1959-1969).
On the left is the Metropolitan Opera House (1966) by
Wallace K. Harrison and on the right the Avery Fisher
(Philharmonic) Hall (1962) by Max Abramovitz.
The layout of the main buildings in the Center is based on Michelangelo's
Piazza del Campidoglio in Rome and the fountain acts as a centerpiece of the plaza.
NYC Architecture Images
Image © e t dankwa 1997
All rights reserved.